To carry out the Harbor District's operations, the Board of Commissioners relies on a staff of full-time employees. Larry Oetker is the Executive Director and can be reached at (707) 443-0801.
Division 1 encompasses southern Eureka, Loleta and the Ferndale area.
Division 2 covers southern Humboldt County including Fortuna, Rio Dell, Garberville and Shelter Cove.
Commissioner Greg Dale
• Past President of the Humboldt County Farm Bureau
• Past President of the Rotary Club of Southwest Eureka
• Enjoys family, skiing, hunting and fishing
Division 3 includes the area covered by the City of Arcata, Bayside, Kneeland, Freshwater and Manila.
Commissioner Stephen Kullmann
• Director of Demand Side Management for Redwood Coast Energy Authority
• Former Community Development Director for Blue Lake Rancheria
• Former Natural Resources Director for Wiyot Tribe
• Former Blue Lake City Council Member
• Wilderness First Responder and Swiftwater Rescue Certified
• Enjoys Humboldt County outdoor activities such as kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing, and more
Division 4 includes the majority of the City of Eureka
Commissioner Richard Marks
• Regional Compliance Manager for Construction Industry Force Account Council
• Director for North Coast Rail Authority
• President Mad River Softball Association
• Owner Marks Consulting
• Enjoys all sports
Division 5 extends from McKinleyville north to the county line and northeast Humboldt County
Commissioner Patrick Higgins
• Managing Director of the Eel River Recovery Project
• Harbor District Economic Development Committee Chairman (2008-2014)
• Humboldt Bay Development Association (2015-Present)
• Redwood Community Action Agency Board (1982-1994), Chairman (1986-1994)
• Eureka Bicycle Committee (1978-1980), Chairman
• Enjoys fishing, swimming, bicycling, hiking and travel